Rainbow Loom Addiction

Hey guys!

I’m here to talk to you guys about a serious matter. Rainbow loom addiction. Everywhere I go, I see young children and sometimes even teenagers and adults, addicted to making rainbow loom bracelets. I wonder.  Why are they so popular? Was it the colorfulness of the bands? Were they easy to make? Why are adults and teens making them?

I decided to get right to the source and ask one of my younger cousins a few questions on exactly why she loves rainbow looms. Beware, the answers are short and to the point.

When did you get your first rainbow loom?
August - October 2013

How much do you spend on rainbow looming items?
Depends.

How long does it take for you to learn how to make new rainbow loom bracelets?
About a day.

Why do you like to use it?
Because I get bored easily and kids at school always had a rainbow loom bracelet.

Why are rainbow looms so popular?
Because they are.

As you can see, young children just like to make rainbow looms. It may not seem like a big deal, but in an era where technology has started to become a dominant part of our lives, it’s refreshing to see younger kids learning new hobbies that doesn’t include a computer. As for teenagers?

All I got from my friends was that you can use the rubber bands to aim for peoples’ heads. I have weird friends. In all honestly, they don’t know why they started to make rainbowlooms. It seems like it’s a new type of friendship bracelet for the younger generation that we just kind of picked up from our younger siblings. At least we’re all getting along, right?

And that’s all folks!

For more information about rainbow looming, check out these sites:
Loom Love: A website dedicated to rainbow looms and helpful tutorials.
TwistzBandz: The Official Rainbow Loom YouTube Channel

Why do you guys love rainbow looms? When did you start getting into the craze?

No comments :

Post a Comment